- Our Mission
- Our goal is to eliminate pain in your body, by treating the root causes of pain, healing you from the inside out.
DOT/CDL Certified Medical Exams
To apply and retain a Commercial Driver License (CDL), drivers must pass the required physical exam mandated by the Department of Transportation (DOT). After passing the required physical exam provided by one of our certified medical examiners, drivers receive a CDL medical card as proof that they are medically able to operate a commercial vehicle. Medical certification, in accordance with the DOT physical qualification, standards is required when the driver is operating a commercial vehicle in interstate commerce that:
- Has a combined gross vehicle weight or weight rating of 10,001 lbs. or more.
- Is designed or used to transport 9-15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation.
- Is designed or used to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) whether for compensation or not.
- Transports hazardous materials in quantities that require placarding under the hazardous materials regulations.
When a driver returns from an illness or injury that interferes with driving ability, the driver must undergo a medical examination even if the medical examiner’s certificate has not expired.
Our certified medical examiners are responsible for certifying only drivers who meet the physical qualification standards. Certification cannot exceed 24 months, and at the discretion of our certified medical examiners, may be less than 24 months.
The purpose of the physical examination is to detect the presence of any physical, mental, or organic conditions that can affect the ability of the driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle safely. The certified medical examiners obligation is to establish whether a driver has a disease, disorder, condition or injury that creates a higher than acceptable likelihood for gradual or sudden incapacitation or sudden death, thus endangering public safety.
The following tests are conducted during your physical exam to apply and retain a CDL:
- Blood Pressure and Pulse Rate
- Laboratory and Other Test Findings
Call us today to make an appointment! 813-933-1511